European and International Congress on Obesity, ECO/ICO 2020
1-4 September 2020
Convention Center Dublin, Ireland
Reference No: 0193
Type of Presentation: Poster
Title: PEDOBESITY: Development of Intelligent Multi-level Information Systems and Specialized Artificial Intelligence Algorithms for Personalized Management of Obesity in Childhood and Adolescence
Penio Kassari1, Antonis Billiris2, Haralampos Karanikas3, Eleftherios Thireos4, Nikolaos Drakoulis5, Ioannis Manios6, Evangelia Charmandari1
- Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Center of Clinical, Experimental Surgery and Translational Research, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Greece & Out-patient Clinic for the Prevention and Management of Overweight and Obesity, First Department of Pediatrics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens Medical School, “Aghia Sophia” Children’s Hospital, Athens, Greece
- Datamed SA, Athens, Greece
- Department of Computer Science and Biomedical Informatics, University of Thessaly, Thessaly, Greece & Datamed SA, Athens, Greece
- The Athens Medical Society, Athens, Greece
- Faculty of Pharmacy, School of Health Sciences, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
- Department of Nutrition & Dietetics, School of Health Science & Education, Harokopio University of Athens, Kallithea – Athens, Greece
ECO/ICO 2020 Important Note, 23/3/2020
The ASOI, EASO and WOF Executive Committees have been closely monitoring developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic to assess the impact on our European and International Congress on Obesity, ECOICO 2020, scheduled for 17-20 May 2020, at the Convention Center Dublin (CCD), Ireland.
As you are aware, the situation has worsened rapidly as the number of infections has increased in numerous countries worldwide, leading to travel bans and restrictions on hosting of events and congresses by governments and health authorities.
Official statements have now been released recommending suspension of all congresses, conferences and seminars in Dublin involving healthcare professionals. In accordance with this decision and the guidance provided by health authorities around the world, The ASOI, EASO and WOF Executive Committees have decided to postpone the conference at this time.
The European and International Congress on Obesity, ECOICO 2020, is being postponed until the 1st to 4th of September 2020, at the Convention Center Dublin, Ireland.
ECO/ICO 2020 Important Note, 12/6/2020
ECOICO 2020 Moves Online
Your safety is our primary concern
Given the continuing impact of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and resulting restrictions, ASOI, EASO and WOF have decided to transition the live ECO-ICO scheduled to take place in Dublin from 1-4 September 2020 to an interactive and engaging online event.
Our online programme will have unprecedented global relevance, reach and convenience. Wherever you are in the world, all presentations, discussions and digital content will be available to you throughout the event, and beyond. We will offer live and on-demand scientific sessions, discussion, and interactive e-poster presentations. We will host cutting-edge industry sessions and virtual exhibitions.
All events will be hosted on a new digital platform on the ECO-ICO website, and the congress will be integrated with the ECOICO 2020 app. Abstracts accepted for the live event will be accepted for the online edition, and published in the official abstract supplement in Obesity Reviews. The presentation format of accepted abstracts may be altered to accommodate the new congress format, and we anticipate increased interaction with delegates and dissemination opportunities.
We are working hard to develop the new online programme and interactive delegate elements and we aim to make the virtual ECO-ICO experience as informative and engaging as possible.
More information will become available on the congress website and registration will open soon. We look forward to welcoming you to ECOICO Online 2020.